Friday, May 7, 2010
* sour yogurt - 1 Cup
* water - 3 cups
* 1 tsp Sugar(optional)
* 2 green chillies
* 1/2 tsp salt
* pinch asafoetida(hing)
* pinch turmeric powder
* 1 tbsp oil
* 1 tsp mustard seeds
* 1 tsp Sesame seeds
* 2-3 whole green chillies
* 8-10 curry leaves
* 2 tbsp coriander leaves-chopped
* 1/2 cup coconut-grated
1. Grind the ginger and green chillies together to a paste.
2.take gram-flour in a deep heavy based pan and add garlic and chilly pest, salt, Sugar, asafoetida, turmeric powder, Yogurt and stir/mix with hand grinder, make it smooth lump-free batter.(Add little bit water)
3. Add water and place pan over high flame. Allow it to boil and stir continuously till a paste-like consistency appears. Since the mixture splatters a lot, be careful and avoid scorching by adjusting the flame.
4. With the help of rubber spatula, spread the mixture on an un-greased surface in thin layers and leave it to cool.
5. While it cools, heat oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds, Sesame seeds, curry leaves and whole green chillies.
6. When cool, cut this layer into strips of your wish. Roll up each strip like a scroll, as firmly as you can, without breaking them, and arrange on to a serving dish.
7. sprinkle temper over the Scrolls.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves, coconut and serve.